Wednesday 24 May 2017

Summer Sunday Shawl


I've been busily knitting and crocheting away!



I find that I can't sit in front of the telly in the evening without doing something, 
so out comes the hook or the needles, and sometimes a bit of hand-sewing.
I have been seen to do artwork too whilst I have half an eye on the box.



My latest shawl is a third Sunday Shawl!  This one I have named my Summer Sunday Shawl as I feel the soft green (Meadow Special DK by Stylecraft) with the accents of mauves, violets, lilacs and white at the lacy edge is reminiscent of balmy summer days.  


I even had a nice warm day to go out and photograph it! 
The weather has been a bit typically British recently and quite variable - 
we've had hail storms; winds; buckets of rain; chills and now sunshine!  
You just never know what it's going to be like. 



I love playing around with places to take pictures of my makes ... and it appears Trxie enjoys it too and just had to be in some of the photos! 

I'm sure she's checking out the shawl to see how cosy it would be to make a bed in ...!


Aren't the colours pretty and summery?  

I just love trying different colour combinations out!  Wonder what shades I'll go for next?  
I do have some lovely Stylecraft Batiks waiting patiently in a basket.  
I bought them from Wool Warehouse, where I tend to order a lot of my Stylecraft yarns.  
Great service every time!  And the yarn arrives in gorgeous organza style bags with ribbon ties.


I've also been playing around with Instagram.  Can you see my lovely photo collage above .... one of the tools you can use on there.  It is great fun to play around with. You can find me on there as lucy.mclaurin (also know as The Crafty Phoenix Lady).  



I'm trying to get used to all these hashtags and putting hashtags on everything I can think of that relates to what I've made and of course putting #thecraftyphoenixlady on the posts too!



Let's see if I can get myself "out" there!


* * * * *
* * *
*


2017 DeCluttering totals to date

3 x big boxes
2 x medium boxes
7 x bags

And another big box to go!

1 bag of clothes to a friend (does that count too?)

No comments:

Post a Comment