Tuesday 25 April 2017

Lulu's Loft's Lois

There are many traders in The Emporium in Yeovil.

One of whom has become a very good friend of mine - Lucie at Lulu's Loft.  She paints furniture and makes them beautiful using Frenchic Paint which comes in gorgeous shades - AND you can also buy this paint from her (along with the brushes and stencils and lots more)!

Anyway, as well as giving a shout out to my friend and her business, I also want to mention that she has just had the most gorgeous little (or maybe not so little at 10lb 6oz) baby girl 
... and I have knitted a little cardigan for her.


The pattern I used was Short Notice Cardigan by Taiga Hilliard Designs.  It uses chunky yarn and I had the idea yarn for this ... a gorgeous Devon Sun Yarns Humble Chunky in a lush pink colour-way.  Perfect for a little girl.


I have such high praise for this yarn ... it is soft and just a dream to knit with. 
It feels lovely .... I just cannot find enough superlatives to describe how gorgeous it is to work with 
and how it works up.  So a big high five to Daisy at Devon Sun Yarns
#devonsunyarns #humblechunky

I am hoping that when little Lois is big enough for the cardigan that I can show a picture of her wearing it.  In the meantime ... some progress photos ...




I have worked on many more projects during the past month (which has just flown by) but have been hampered a bit by my fibromyalgia flaring up and haven't felt much like writing blog posts.  I am hoping to remedy this over the next few days (or weeks) and you can see what else I've been doing when I haven't been almost comatose on the sofa!  



Plus side ... I've nearly caught up with Neighbours!  And managed some more hexis for my Beekeepers Quilt along with the ends from these going into my Sock Yarn Blanket.  Both of these are long-term projects and are picked up every now and again.  

Believe me, though, when finished ... they are going to be fab-u-lous!

***   *****   ***
***
*






1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the lovely comments. This amazing cardigan is so soft and when Lois is big enough she will look stunning! Your skills are fab. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete