Wednesday 29 March 2017

A bit of Sparkle coming to The Emporium tomorrow!

Anyone who saw me in The Emporium in Yeovil last Tuesday and Thursday will know that I was busily crocheting away whilst serving our lovely customers on the till downstairs.



I have finished it!

And here it is in all it's sparkling glory!


It is a square baby quilt/throw/lapghan measuring 39" x 39".  
I made it with Hayfield Baby Sparkle which worked up lovely.  
A soft yarn that is actually 97% acrylic and 3% polyester but feels rather like it has a lot of cotton in it.  



Everyone that saw it in progress commented on the sparkle in it - 
a lovely silver thread running all the way through.  It just gives it an extra bit of fairy dust!  

I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.  I think it looks nice and fresh.  A summery feel to it.

Wouldn't this be ideal for a baby gift?

*

I have a little left over so made a little outfit for Barbie!


Doesn't she look pretty?!


Anyway both the blanket and the Barbie outfit are coming to The Emporium (link above) 
tomorrow morning (Thursday 30 March) when I do my next shift.

*
Now what project shall I do now....?  

***


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely baby blanket and the sparkle sounds enchanting. I love hearing reviews about different types of wool. We are all on the lookout for something soft but which washes up well and Barbie looks cute. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the yarn. It is a lovely one to use! :-D

      Delete