Monday 3 October 2016

Sea Blues and Greens

I decided I would use up some more of my odd balls of yarn.

And guess what ... I have lots in my favourite shades - blues and sea greens!  With a bit of grey too.



Fantastic ... I can work a scrap blanket using my favourite colours!  

Only snag ... the more I worked on it the more I thought I might just have to keep it!


I decided that I would just do a simple double crochet stitch/ (For anyone who is in the UK - I work with American terms!  I don't know why, I think I must have learnt and then worked from a book with American terms and now I find that I crochet the Amercian way!)  I thought this would be simple and almost mindless, meaning that I could watch the telly and not have to think too much!  Ideal for me come the evening!

The yarns that went into this were very varied - there's a bit of mohair; a bit of a more fuzzy one that I have no idea what yarn it is; acrylic; part wool ... all sorts ... I just thought I'd throw them all in together and make a really pretty blanket!


I love how it turned out and it really was a wrench for it to leave the house ... but my thinking on that is that I can always make another one...!


*   *   *

1 comment: