Wednesday 22 June 2016

At last a bit of sewing!

It would seem that all I do is crochet when you look back at my past few posts!

Oh and a bit of art too!

I have been trying to catch up with all the things I have completed recently and - I admit - there has been an awful lot of crochet blankets (in fact I have one more finished but I won't post about that one today).


But just to show that I have had the sewing machine out recently ... 



here are my latest batch of drawstring washbags 
using the fantastic pattern by Jeni Baker who blogs at In Color Order 
http://www.incolororder.com/2011/10/lined-drawstring-bag-tutorial.html


I love this pattern and find that once you've figured out the layout of the fabrics you're away! 
 It makes a lovely lined drawstring washbag.  


You may see a bit of a theme here with some of the fabrics!  I bought a fat quarter pack from Hobbycraft.  I loved the bright jewel colours and the pattern and thought they would make superb washbags. 
 I also knew that I had fabrics at home that would co-ordinate with them.


Which colour-way is your favourite?  I love the jade green myself.


Then I decided to go for a bright pink and lime green mix.  Nice and summery, and pretty too.


Oh and a cow one too!  I think this one has the look of old-fashioned country cottage about it.

So ... who needs a new washbag ....?

☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸. •*¨*• ☆



No comments:

Post a Comment