Monday 10 November 2014

Froggy Friend (and friends that were)



I thought perhaps that Witch Hazel may be lonely so I made her a Froggy Friend.


 
 


I once had a friend who was frog mad.  So everytime I see anything froggy I think of her.  I even bought loads of froggy fabric in anticipation of her having babies as I wanted to make her a frog-themed baby quilt.

Alas that was not to be as when my ex and I split up she sadly sided with my ex as her husband was his best mate.  Why is it that divorce and break-ups cause friends to have to chose?  I spent months, years, mourning over the loss of that friend.  I think I have finally come to terms with it.  I've had to accept that in order for her life to be easier then she had to side with her husband.  Although sometimes it does smart to think of the version of events that they were told.

Another friend I lost through the divorce was someone who I thought would understand fully what I was going through as she'd already been through a divorce herself.  However, at a wedding reception my ex and I attended just before the split was made, he got talking with her at the bar.  She then proceeded to march me into the ladies' toilets and lecture me about how wonderful he was and how I had to stay with him, blah blah blah.  I was gobsmacked.  I decided to put that down to the drink talking and let it go. 

When I did call her up on it and try to tell her what had been going on, she proceeded to tell me that I was completely different to the person she thought I was - and I definitely wasn't the nice little quiet mouse in the corner office.  Again I was amazed - I had no idea that was what she'd thought of me.  She obviously didn't know me at all.

My apologies for ranting on a bit.  I just felt that it kind or - loosely - linked in with the Froggy I've made.  I guess too that sometimes I feel I need to get what I think "out there". 

I do believe I am a much better person now.  I am now in a relationship with a wonderful man who is my best friend as well as my partner.  He accepts me for what I am and loves me for it.  This is the first relationship that I have ever felt secure in and able to be ME!

*   *   *

No comments:

Post a Comment