Thursday 17 July 2014

Pretty things




Look at my lovely pretty butterfly labels I've been making!  Aren't they the sweetest things?!

For my birthday, amongst my other fantastic presents, Jonathan bought me a Big Shot Sizzix Machine!  I thought it would be good for applique work and quilting too, along with paper-crafts.



So I've been practising and hey presto - butterfly labels!

And hearts and circles too ...


There is one thing that really worries me ... the plates that go either side of the die cutters - you ought to see the top one - it's scratched and marked so much.  I know that is what they're supposed to do - but it is rather drastic and especially when I've not used it that much.  Look ...



Anyway, enough of my new toy for now!

Now I'm going to show you some of my new makes ...



 
A little zipped make-up bag with waterproof lining.  It's in gorgeous teal and brown with gingham ribbons and ecru lace, and buttons to decorate.
 


 
Something very simple - some pretty fairy and cupid charms that I've put on leather necklaces.
 

 

Something I've been wanting to do for a while - decoupage!  I've decoupaged (is that the right word?!) this sweet little bird box - and I think it looks really good.

Alexandra's been busy too - she's made a couple of dream catchers to go into The Crafty Phoenix Lady's unit at The Emporium in Yeovil.  Aren't they lovely ...




And finally, a teaser to what I've been working on this afternoon ...


Such pretty pretty colours!  Hopefully by tomorrow I should have finished it and can show you the final article!
 
Off to sit myself in front of the tv with my latest crochet blanket so I can sew all the ends in.  I'll try and remember to take a photo of that too!
 
*    *    *    *   *

No comments:

Post a Comment