Monday 6 January 2014

Handmade ornaments

As I'm packing away the Christmas decorations I thought I'd share my little ornaments I made this year ....


They are made from air-drying clay, cut out with cookie cutters - I had to use hearts and stars as I just love them!  I then used rubber letter stamps to make words on them.  Finally I stuck a darning needle through them at the top to make the hole for threading.

When they were dry - which didn't take that long - I painted them with white acrylic paint all over.  The final coat was varnish with a tiny blob of blue acrylic paint that I didn't mix in properly as I wanted to achieve the streaky look.


 
I was really pleased with them and they did look lovely on my mini blue tree we had up in the dining room window.

No comments:

Post a Comment